Tuesday 7 February 2017

Personal Life: Accountability to God. A W Tozer


And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement.—Hebrews 9:27
It was the belief in the accountability of man to his maker that made America a great nation. Among those earlier leaders was Daniel Webster whose blazing eyes and fiery oratory often held the Senate spellbound. In those days the Congress was composed of strong, noble statesmen who carried the weight of the nation in their hearts and minds.
Someone asked: "Mr. Webster, what do you consider the most serious thought that has ever entered your mind?"
"The most solemn thought that has ever entered my mind is my accountability to my maker," he replied.
Men like that cannot be corrupted and bought. They do not have to worry if someone listens to their telephone calls. What they were in character and in deportment resulted from their belief that they would finally be accountable to God.
"Lord, help me to live my life today in such a way that, should You call me tonight to stand before You and give account, I would have nothing of which I would need to be ashamed. Amen

No comments: